Educare Foundation funds Educator Initiative Grants on an annual basis.
The deadline for the Educator Initiative Grant Application for the 2020-21 school year is February 7, 2020. Apply for an Educator Initiative Grant.
Educare Awards $57,124 in Grants to Mankato Area Public Schools for the 2019-20 School Year:
- Telepresence Robots by OhmniLabs for all K-12 schools, $10,775
- The robots provide a unique communication experience through a combination of video cameras, video screens, and remote physical operation.
- STEM Kits & Buddies for Jefferson Elementary, $11,599
- The STEM kits provide hands-on examples, puzzles, and challenges related to core STEM subjects.
- Mariachi Ensemble for East High School – $6,607
- East High School would like to add depth to its musical ensembles by developing a mariachi ensemble.
- Multi-Process Welders for East and West High Schools, $11,529
- Mankato Area Public Schools see more than 300 students taking welding courses, including students involved in Welding Internship and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Programs.
- Construction Pathway Expansion for Central, East and West High Schools, $16,614
- The high schools are requesting funds to expand its construction trades program to purchase equipment that is outdated or non-existent in the program.
Go to our News page and get more details on the past Initiative Grants awarded over the years.